Contact me at

  • Madison City Schools continues to follow the guidelines recommended by the CDC. 

    You can find our guidelines on the MCS health services page or by visiting the CDC website at CDC Covid-19 Isolation Protocol

    CDC Covid-19 Calculator


    Comments (-1)

    I have received a few questions regarding the recent emails sent out about the Madison City Schools illness guidelines and would like to address them with you.

    1. The north Alabama area has seen an increase in the number of cases of flu, covid, strep, bronchitis, RSV, along with just a regular viral respiratory illness. We are seeing similar patterns in our school.
    2. I understand that some families are having difficulty getting an appointment with their pediatrician or family doctor. Fortunately, our area is blessed to have a wide variety of urgent care centers that are able to test and treat illness. I have compiled a list of Local Urgent Care Clinics for information. 
    3. Luckily, most of the illnesses listed above have treatment options available to ease symptoms and promote a quick recovery. Tamiflu and Xofluza are proven to help with the flu if taken soon after symptoms begin. 
    4. Remember, if absences are to be excused without the use of parent excuses,

    - For COVID: send in a copy of the positive home test or the results from a healthcare provider.

    - Because there are no home tests available for other illness they can only be definitively diagnosed by a provider. A note will be needed from a healthcare provider to excuse the absences. 

    Comments (-1)

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.
Medications at school
  • Medications for the school year:

    1. Prescription medications need to have a Parent/Provider Authorization (PPA) form filled out by a physician. 

    2. Over-the-counter medications have to be in the unopened, unexpired, original container. A PPA will be filled out when the medication is brought in. 

         ** Only acetaminophen, ibuprofen, dramamine, and benadryl can be kept in the clinic without a doctor's authorization. 

    3. All medication has to be brought in by a parent/guardian.

    4. Students are NOT allowed to carry medication on them. Emergency medication (inhalers, epipens, etc.) can be carried by a student if the physician authorizes it. A PPA needs to be filed in the nurse's clinic. 

    Health services forms: Medication forms available here

Phone: 256-216-5313 x95260


Degrees and Certifications:

B.S. Comprehensive Mathematics Education B.S. Nursing MSN Public Health

June Lawniczak, MSN-PH RN

Here are a few tips for this school year:

- If I am sending a student home, I will call the parents or guardian.

- If I cannot reach you, I will leave a message.

- Students cannot carry medication with them. If you would like to leave an unopened, over-the-counter bottle of medication with me, just come in anytime and we can fill out the proper paperwork.


Let's have a great year, and Go Jets!