COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATES
We are currently awaiting guidance from ADPH and will update this website as soon as possible
Understanding the Shortened Quarantine Guidelines https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j7pUaw9Higy2CX-BjHo1cXYS106UGPQI2888bimByhE/edit?usp=sharing
A Note from the Lead School Nurse:
We are excited to see your child in person! We have missed them. However, if we want to continue to keep schools open and provide these services for your child, we need your help.
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Monitor your child for signs and symptoms of illness and take his/her temperature, each and every morning, before sending them to school.
- If they are sick, please keep them home; even if he/she was sick the night before.
- Address any symptoms or concerns with your child’s doctor, before sending you child to school.
- Do not give your child fever reducing medication before sending them to school. This only covers up the symptoms, they are still contagious!
- In the event that your child becomes sick at school:
- Please make sure that we can contact you immediately.
- Plan ahead, have a back-up emergency contact who can pick up your child if you cannot come to pick them up within the hour.
- Make sure that you have given us emergency contact numbers which are up-to-date.
In the event that your child is sent home because of COVID like symptoms or for quarantine, please understand that we are following the Alabama Department of Public Health Guidelines for our Protocols and Procedures.
These guidelines are for the health and safety of us all (children, staff, and you). Failure to follow these guidelines, could cause the school/program to close down.
Thank you for your help and understanding.
Bonnie Davis, BSN,RN Lead Nurse, Madison City Schools
MESSENGER NOTIFICATIONS FROM THE LEAD NURSE:
COVID 101 September 20, 2020 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OLaymZIWzUm0eEakOGw3YIP9zcTjlGt51_CgIFU1164/edit?usp=sharing
October 19, 2020 Messenger: COVID Update: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nIbL9RVoytKSPpV1n1M5sH36Tc5cpJynzeToSqOc2lc/edit?usp=sharing
January 10, 2021 Messenger: Quarantine Refresher https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qZ3BTEBbKhRMRD-jjIRDvN5-zOm95mVVE9yy5n3e1-c/edit?usp=sharing