Health Department Overview
Welcome to the Madison City Schools Health Services Web Page
School nursing, a specialized practice of nursing, protects and promotes student health, facilitates optimal develpment, and advances academic success. School nurses, grounded in ethical and evidence-based practice, are the leaders who bridge health care and education, provide care coordination, advocate for quality student-centered care, and collaborate to design systems that allow individuals and communities to develop their full potential. Addopted by the NASN Board of Directors February 2017.
Our Clinic Nurses
Front row from left to right: Shelia Kasulka, RN: Bob Jones; Pam Sinard, LPN: Madison City Pre-K; Emry Bryan, RN; Heritage; Bonnie Davis, RN: Lead Nurse; Dee Smith, RN: Rainbow; Becky Tucker, RN: Madison; June Lawniczak, RN: James Clemens Back row from left to right: Laura Dickinson, RN: Columbia; Aimee Allen, RN: West Madison; Ashley Zimnowski, RN: System Nurse Health Educator; Bekki Harless, RN: Itinerant Nurse; Faith Aderholt, RN: Mill Creek; Kemi Loftin, RN: DMS; Lisa Harmon, RN: Horizon: Benita Tunstill, RN: LMS
District Nurse's News
During the week of September 30, 2019, VAKs (Vaccinate Alabama's Kids) will be offering flu shots to our students, Pre-K- Grade 12.
- The flu shots are totally optional.
- There are no out-of-pocket costs. VAKs will bill your insurance company.
- Only students whose parents have completed, signed, and returned the consent form will be given the flu shot.
- If you do not want your child(ren) to receive the flu shot at school, DO NOT RETURN the consent form.
- Only flu SHOTs will be given. Please discuss and prepare your child for getting a shot!
- The consent form must be filled out completely, signed, and turned in to the school nurse no later than the day before VAKs is scheduled to be at your child’s school
- Flu Shot Consent Form
- Flu Shot Schedule
- Flu Vaccine Information Statement
Attention Parents of New Students: Your child(ren)'s REGISTRATION is NOT COMPLETE until you bring A HARD COPY of the Certificate of Immunization (COI) to the school. Uploading a copy is NOT sufficient! We do not print COI from ImmPRINT. You must get the COI from your child's doctor, clinic, or health department.