National Science Honor Society
National Science Honor Society is an organization committed to promoting high academic excellence in science courses while encouraging a passion for sharing science with others and using science to do good in the world.
The group has meetings every other month, with service opportunitites and guest speakers interspersed throughout.
Example Service Opportunities:
- Science demos for elementary school students
- Peer-tutoring in science subjects
- Community clean-up events
- Science Day with Best Buddies at JC
- Assisting with science olympiad and science bowl events/practices
- STEAM night at Madison Elementary
Example Guest Speakers:
- Science Professors at the Collegiate Level
- Medical Professionals
Members must meet and maintain the following qualifications:
- earn a 90 or above average in all science classes
- complete at least one advanced science class per year of membership
- complete a minimum of 3 science-related service hours each school year*
- Pay $10 dues during the first year of membership
*On a normal school year, 6 science-related service hours are required.
Letters of acceptance will be sent out (to the email address provided in the application) no later than 3:30 pm on Monday, October 19th.
New members will be added to the Science NHS group on schoology.