Welcome to the
James Clemens Library Media Center
James Clemens High School
11306 County Line Rd. Madison, AL 35756
PH 256-216-5313 Fax 256-258-8017
Hashtag to use: #proudtobeajet
JCHS Library Media Center
To provide an innovative learning environment in which relationships produce forward-thinking opportunities, inspiration, and the drive to create positive change in our local and global communities.
With a future-ready mindset, James Clemens Library Media Center’s mission is to:
Foster a space and culture that is welcoming, trusting, energetic and inviting for all students, faculty, staff, and community.
Create a space where everyone has the opportunity to learn, work and achieve their goals, making it a safe place to learn, create, try new things, fail, get back up and try again.
Offer forward-thinking instruction that develops innovative leaders who create content that reaches a global audience.
To continuously reflect and build ideas to make our library commons more flexible and student-centered.
The James Clemens High School Library is grounded in the beliefs that:
- Locating, organizing, analyzing, evaluating, synthesizing, and ethically using information is a crucial piece of being a responsible, digital citizen.
- Reading is a window to the world which can be experienced in a variety of formats for pleasure or growth.
- Creating information and story is just as important as consuming information and story.
- Access to information and story across multiple platforms is essential to learning.
- Technology is a pathway to a global audience.
- A collaborative of expertise is present in every environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability are important both in physical space and learning opportunities.
- Persisting through challenges strengthens understanding and confidence.
- Reflection and self assessment promote excellence.
There are no upcoming events to display.