What is Rho Kappa Social Studies Honor Society?
This is an honor society for the recognition of achievement and excellence in the discipline of social studies at the high school level. This society is open to students who meet the entrance criteria (see below). Our name, RHO KAPPA, is taken from two words of semitic origin. RHO is derived from “resh” meaning “head” and KAPPA is derived from “kapf” which means “palm of the hand.” Both these terms symbolize our firm belief that knowledge, without service, is useless.
1. Candidates must have an overall cumulative weighted GPA of 3.75 or higher.
2. Candidates must also have a cumulative average of 90% or higher in their Social Studies classes.
3. Membership is open to seniors, juniors, and second semester sophomores.
4. Candidates must have successfully completed at least two credits of courses in Social Studies. One credit is required to be an AP Social Studies course.
5. Dues of $30.00 are required. This includes membership in the James Clemens Rho Kappa and honor cord upon graduation.
6. Collection of dues will take place AFTER the approval of your application. Only turn them in after you are approved!
7. A completed application must be turned in to Mrs.O'Donnell's room D211.
Applications are due by Sept. 20. After that you will be notified via email if you have been accepted. First meeting will be announced. Meetings are in D211.
Click here for Application