Geometry provides students with knowledge about shapes and properties and assists with the development of spatial sense, critical for further study in mathematics and for everyday life. Because of its importance in the development of mathematical empowerment, this course is required for all students. This course includes consistent use of algebra to reinforce the skills and concepts developed in the Algebra I course. Course work provides an excellent context for developing students’ abilities to reason and write proofs. Problem solving skills in the development of geometric concepts are integrated throughout the course. Trigonometry is included to prepare students for development of circular function trigonometry in later courses.
Students will need to have:
- Loose leaf paper
- Scientific Calculator
- No. 2 pencil (no pens)
- Color pencils
Classroom Rules and Responsibilities
- Show respect.
- Be responsible.
- Follow all school policy.
Policies and Procedures of the Classroom
- No food of any kind will be allowed in the classroom.
- If students need to leave the classroom for any reason, they must get a pass first.
- Academic dishonesty will not be tolerated.
- Disruptions of the class will not be tolerated. The school’s policy for this offense will be followed.
Punctual attendance in class is expected.
Final grades are determined by an overall average of major grades (tests, portfolios, and projects) and minor grades (daily grades, quizzes, and homework).
- Major grades - 70%
- Minor grades - 30%
- TOTAL - 100%