Algebraic Connections is designed for students who wish to increase their mathematical knowledge and skills prior to enrollment in the Algebra 2 course or the Algebra 2 with Trigonometry course. Algebraic Connections expands upon the concepts of Algebra 1 and Geometry, with an emphasis on application-based problems. This course provides opportunities to incorporate the use of technology through its emphasis on applying functions to make predictions and to calculate outcomes.
Students will need to have:
- Loose leaf paper
- Scientific Calculator
- No. 2 pencil (no pens)
- Color pencils
Classroom Rules and Responsibilities
- Show respect.
- Be responsible.
- Follow all school policy.
Policies and Procedures of the Classroom
- No food of any kind will be allowed in the classroom.
- If students need to leave the classroom for any reason, they must get a pass first.
- Academic dishonesty will not be tolerated.
- Disruptions of the class will not be tolerated. The school’s policy for this offense will be followed.
Punctual attendance in class is expected.
Final grades are determined by an overall average of major grades (tests, portfolios, and projects) and minor grades (daily grades, quizzes, and homework).
- Major grades - 70%
- Minor grades - 30%
- TOTAL - 100%