National English Honor Society
The National English Honor Society (NEHS), founded and sponsored by Sigma Tau Delta, is the only international organization exclusively for secondary students and faculty who, in the field of English, merit special note for past and current accomplishments. Benefits of affiliation include academic recognition, scholarship and award eligibility, and opportunities for networking with others who share enthusiasm for, and accomplishment in, the language arts.
To further the importance of writing and reading beyond the classroom and to provide such opportunities for members and those beyond the club through service.
We will meet once a month during Refuel to discuss service opportunities, reading and writing contests, and potential guest speakers.
Membership is an honor bestowed on students selected for their accomplishments in the field of English and in overall academic achievement. NEHS provides recognition for past achievements, the nurturing of present interests, and encouragement for future success. NEHS is an organization for students who have experienced the power of literature, the pleasures of good writing, and the excitement of language studies. Please see the link to the application on the "APPLY FOR NEHS" page.
Qualifications for Membership:
- Must be at least a sophomore. Juniors and Seniors may also apply.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Must have A or A- (90-100%) average in current and previous Advanced English courses and maintain an A or B average in future Advanced English classes.
- Participate in service projects and required writing or reading contests to maintain member status.
- Attend meetings when possible. These take place during Refuel.
- Join our club's GroupMe.
- Attend induction in the spring after the application is accepted.
- After acceptance, pay a one-time $40 induction fee which covers both local and national fees as well as a cord for graduation.
Listen to the announcements for reminders about meetings. Other reminders will be posted in our GroupMe chat.