Alabama state law requires that students are present during school hours. Parents will be notified of student absences by an automated email and by written notification according to the following guidelines:
An automated email will be sent after each absence.
A letter will be sent home after a student has accumulated five unexcused absences.
After the seventh unexcused absence, a petition will be filed by the system's attendance office to the District Attorney's office.
us if you have any questions.
Submitting an absence Excuse
1. Open the PowerSchool App on your Phone
2. Click on More at the very bottom of the screen, right below the 3 dots
3. Click on FORMS
4. Click on Student Absence Form (under general forms)
5. Enter the information, upload document if available, SUBMIT
1. Log into the Parent Portal Account on your computer (https://madisoncs.
2. Click on FORMS in the left Navigation Bar
3. Click on the Student Absence Form
4. Enter the information, upload document if available, SUBMIT
If you do not yet have a PowerSchool Parent Portal Account or have any questions; please contact the registrar, Mrs. Honea. She will email you once the account has been set up.
If a child is absent more than 15 days, the Alabama State Department of Education considers him/her to be chronically absent. Points are taken away from the school on the A-F Accountability Report Card for EACH child who has 15 absences or more each school year, no matter the reason for the excuse.
Tardies are monitored by the school administration. It is very important that your child be present at the beginning of the school day. Instruction begins at 8:15.