Senior Information 2020 - 2021
Senior Graduation Survey
Please make sure to complete this survey about post graduation plans. This information is needed for final transcripts and the graduation program. Click HERE for the 2021 Graduation Survey
- The senior fee for 2020-2021 is $140.
- The fee covers the following items:
- Cap and Gown
- Diploma and Cover
- Senior T-Shirt
- Senior Day Activities
- Please contact me if there are any financial issues. We can always work out something, but I can't help if I don't know.
- Please pay by Friday, April 2nd
- Partial Payments may be made using the online payment system or in person at the fee payment office.
- Pictures must be submitted to email@example.com to be included.
- Please put student's name in the subject line
- Please note the following
- No more than 5 pictures
- Pictures should be from elementary to present. No baby pictures please
- Please keep it classy Bob Jones. Anything deemed inappropriate by the administration will not be included.
- Please submit pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 5th.
- The slideshow will be part of the Senior Day.
- Date - Thursday April 15th
- Senior Slideshow
- BJHS Senior Day at Insanity Amusement Complex
- Lunch provided at Insanity
- Seniors must ride the buses to and from Insanity
- Permission Slips will be required. These are available at the front office, the media center or printed by clicking HERE. You may also complete this form digitally through DocuSign by clicking HERE
- Hard copies of the permission forms may be returned to the front office, the media center or the student's 1st block teacher.
- All forms, digital or hard copy, should be completed and returned by Friday, April 9th.
Spring Formal (Juniors and Seniors)
- Date - Saturday, May 1st
- Location - Toyota Field
- Time - 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Cost - $40 per person
- Attire - Formal
Cap and Gown Distribution
- May 3rd during 3rd block in the courtyard
- Any gowns not picked up that day may be picked up from Mrs. Van Dam in the media center
- Full payment or payment arrangements must be made prior to pickup.
- Senior T-shirts will also be distributed this day.
Madison City Seal of Academic Distinction Cords and 4.0 Tassels
- Students earn a MCS Academic Distinction cord for passing the following classes:
- Any 3 AP classes
- 2 Foreign Language classes in sequence
- Algebra II with Trig.
- Cords can be purchased from the fee payment office starting on Monday, May 3rd.
- Please check the dashboard starting on Friday, April 30th to see if you qualified. You may also check with your counselor.
- Students graduating with at 4.0 or above GPA will receive a white tassel to wear at graduation.
- These will not be given out until after all senior grades are finalized.
- Students may pick them up from the front office starting on Friday, May 14th or at graduation check-in on the 17th.
- 3rd/4th Block exams will be taken on Wednesday, May 12th during those blocks.
- 1st/2nd Block exams will be taken on Thursday, May 13th during those blocks. Seniors are dismissed after 2nd block.
- Seniors do not report on Friday, May 14th.
- Thursday, May 13th at 5:30
- Senior Scholarship Night is for seniors who have accepted an academic scholarship to the college/university they will attend in the fall, and students who have enlisted in the military.
- You must complete the following google form in order to be recognized. SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT FORM
- Capacity is limited to 75%, therefore the number you RSVP will determine how many sessions we have. It is very important that we have accurate numbers, so you must complete the form.
- The deadline to complete the form is Tuesday, April 27th by 4:00 pm.
- For complete information please click HERE
Graduation Ceremony Information
- Date - Monday, May 17th
- Venue - Louis Crews Stadium at Alabama A&M University
- Time - 3:00 pm
- Seniors please watch for annoucements about what time you need to report.
- Each senior will receive 8 tickets. Those will be given out at a date TBA.
Graduation Dress Code
- Girls – Dress or slacks and navy/black shoes. If the dress is longer than the robe, please wear a dark dress. Nude, Black or Dark shoes are acceptable. Wedges with cork are also acceptable. NO WHITE SHOES
- Guys – Dark slacks dark shoes. White shirt with tie.
- No sneakers, boots, jeans, blue shirts, flip flops or gum. YOU MAY NOT DECORATE THE TOP OF YOUR CAP