Senior Information 2021-2022
Required Graduation Survey
- This form is used to collect scholarship information and for the graduation program.
- Please click HERE for the survey.
- Complete by April 13th
- This must be completed by the student while logged into their MCS Google account.
Senior Meeting Presentation
Please click HERE to view the presentation given during the Senior Meeting
- The senior fee for 2021-2022 is $140.
- The fee covers the following items:
- Cap and Gown
- Diploma and Cover
- Senior T-Shirt
- Senior Day Activities
- Please contact me if there are any financial issues. We can always work out something, but I can't help if I don't know.
- Full payment is due by Friday, April 15th
- Partial Payments may be made using the online payment system or in person at the fee payment office.
- Prom is April 9th from 8pm - 11pm at the Stovehouse in Hunstville
- We will be in the Belle and Royal Building
- Tickets are $50 each and may be purchased online through our fee payment system or in person at the fee payment office.
- The last day to purchase tickets online is March 31st. After that, you must see Mrs. Murray in her room, S220
Cap and Gown
- The school orders cap and gown packages for each student through Balfour. The cost is included in the senior fee.
- Sizing is based on the information completed in the senior survey that was previously sent out. This form is now closed because all the information was collected.
- If you do not need a full cap and gown package, please email me at email@example.com for pricing options.
- Cap and Gown will be given out on Wednesday, April 20th when we return from senior day at Insanity. After that day, cap and gown can be picked up in the library.
- Students will create their own google slide with pictures.
- Individual pictures will not be accepted. You must submit through google slides
- Slide Guidelines
- You may submit up to 2 slides
- Be sure to include your name on all slides
- Please keep it classy Bob Jones. Anything deemed inappropriate by the administration will not be included.
- You may include as many pictures on the slides as will fit.
- Please share the slides with firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 15th.
- The slideshow will be part of the Senior Day on April 20th
- Date - Wednesday, April 20th
- Activities include:
- Senior Breakfast
- Senior Slideshow
- BJHS Senior Day at Insanity Amusement Complex with lunch provided while there.
- Seniors must ride the buses to and from Insanity
- Permission Slips are Required
Madison City Seal of Academic Distinction Cords and 4.0 Tassels
Seal of Distinction Cords
- To earn the MCS Seal of Distinction, students must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Taken and passed any 3 AP classes
- Taken and passed 2 Foreign Language classes in sequence
- Taken and passed Algebra II with Trig.
- Cords can be purchased from the fee payment office starting on Friday, April 29th
4.0 White Tassels
- Students graduating with a 4.0 or above GPA will receive a white tassel to wear at graduation.
- These will not be given out until after all senior grades are finalized.
- Students may pick them up from the front office on Friday, May 13th or at graduation practice on the 16th.
Senior Exams and Exemptions
- 3rd/4th Block exams will be taken on Wednesday, May 11th during those blocks.
- 1st/2nd Block exams will be taken on Thursday, May 12th during those blocks. Seniors are dismissed after 2nd block.
- Seniors do not report on Friday, May 13th.
- Mrs. Thaxton is in charge of exam exemptions.
- Each senior that benchmarked on the WorkKeys Test (scored a 4 or higher on all parts) will be able to exempt one exam.
- You MUST complete the exemption application that Mrs. Thaxton will mail out at a later date.
- Date: Thursday, May 12th
- Time: 5:30 pm
- Location: CrossPointe Church - 78 Hughes RD
- Senior Awards Night is for seniors who have accepted an academic or sports scholarship to the college they will be attending in the fall, as well as students who will be enlisting in the military.
- Reception immediately following the program
Graduation Ceremony Information
- Date - Monday, May 16th
- Venue - Von Braun Civic Center
- Time – 7:00 pm
- There will be a mandatory practice that morning at 10:30 am. Please plan to attend and be on time. If you are not at practice, I will assume you are not participating in the ceremony and I will remove your name from the call out list for that night.
- Each student participating in the ceremony will receive 12 tickets. The school does not have nor give out extra. If you need more than 12 tickets, please talk to classmates that might not be using all of their alloted tickets.
Graduation Dress Code
- Girls – Dress or slacks, preferable with dark shoes.
- Guys – Dark slacks dark shoes. White shirt with tie.
- No sneakers, boots, jeans, blue shirts, flip flops or gum.
- Only cords earned through a BJHS Honor Society will be allowed.
- Students may not wear personalized stoles
- YOU MAY NOT DECORATE THE TOP OF YOUR CAP
- Yearbooks may be purchased through the Jostens website by clicking HERE
- Yearbooks are $65 until September 17th. They will then increase to $75 until December
- Parents must design their own ad on the Jostens Website by December 17th
- Pricing Information
- Payment for ads must now be made on the Jostens website.
- Full Page Up to 15 photos/about 20 lines of text $300
- 1/2 Page Up to 8 photos/about 12 lines of text $175
- 1/4 Page Up to 4 photos/about 6 lines of text $100
- 1/8 Page 1 or 2 photos/about 4 lines of text $60
- **One line of text is about 40 characters.
Senior Quotes/Senior Last words
- The deadline for Senior Quotes has been extended until January 3rd.
- Please click HERE to complete for the Yearbook.
- Please contact Ginger Ashford at email@example.com with any questions.