Senior Information 2023-2024
Please click HERE to complete the Required Senior Information Survey
- The senior fee for 2023-2024 is $140.
- The fee covers the following items:
- Cap and Gown
- Diploma and Cover
- Senior T-Shirt
- Senior Day Activities
- Please contact me if there are any financial issues. We can always work out something, but I can't help if I don't know.
- Full payment is due by Friday, April 12th
- Partial Payments can be made throughout the year using the online payment system or in person at the fee payment office.
Senior Yearbook Information
- To have a senior picture included in the yearbook, it must be taken by Greg Machen Photography by October 31st. Please contact them at 256-461-0827 or visit https://www.gregmachenphotography.com/
- Submit your senior quote for approval at the following Google Form: tinyurl.com/BJHSCO2024
- Quotes are due December 1, 2023
- Purchase your 2024 Yearbook at tinyurl.com/BJHSYB2024
- Buy a Senior Recognition Ad at tinyurl.com/BJCO24AD
Email Mrs. Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Cap and Gown
- The school orders cap and gown packages for each student through Balfour. The cost is included in the senior fee.
- Sizing is based on the information completed in the Senior Activity Form posted above.
- If you do not need a full cap and gown package, please email me at email@example.com for pricing options.
- Cap and Gowns are given out in the library once we receive them.
- Date - Monday, May 20th
- Venue - Von Braun Civic Center
- Time – 6:00 pm
- Doors Open at 5:00 pm for guests.
- There will be a mandatory practice that morning at 10:30 am.
- Please plan to attend and be on time.
- If you are not at practice, I will assume you are not participating in the ceremony and I will remove your name from the call out list for that night.
- Seniors will report to the East Hall at 5:00 pm for line up.
- Each student participating in the ceremony will receive 12 tickets.
- The school does not have nor give out extra.
- If you need more than 12 tickets, please talk to classmates that might not be using all of their alloted tickets.
- Graduation will be live streamed.
Senior Celebration Night
- Date: Thursday, May 16th
- Time: 5:00 pm
- Location: CrossPointe Church - 78 Hughes RD
- Senior Awards Night is for seniors who have accepted an academic or sports scholarship to the college they will be attending in the fall, as well as students who will be enlisting in the military.
- Reception immediately following the program
- To be recognized, students will have to complete the information sent out by Dr. Bostick. This will be sent at a date TBD.
- Date - Friday, April 26th.
- Activities include:
- Senior Breakfast
- Senior Slideshow
- BJHS Senior Day at Insanity Amusement Complex with lunch provided while there.
- Seniors must ride the buses to and from Insanity
- Permission Slips are Required for every senior attending
- Permission forms must be returned by Friday, April 12th.
Senior Slideshow Submissions
- Students will create their own Google slides with pictures.
- Individual pictures will not be accepted. You must submit them through Google slides.
- Slide Guidelines
- You may submit up to 3 slides.
- Be sure to include your name on all slides .
- Please keep it classy Bob Jones. Anything deemed inappropriate by the administration will not be included.
- You may include as many pictures on the slides as will fit.
- Please share the slides with firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 15th.
- The slideshow will be part of the Senior Day on Friday, April 26th.
Madison City Seal of Distinction Cords
- To earn the MCS Seal of Distinction, students must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Taken and passed any 3 AP classes
- Taken and passed 2 Foreign Language classes in sequence
- Taken and passed Algebra II with Trig.
- Cords can be purchased from the fee payment office for $5 starting on Friday, April 29th
4.0 White Tassels
- Students graduating with a 4.0 or above GPA will receive a white tassel to wear at graduation.
- These will not be given out until after all senior grades are finalized.
- Students may pick them up from the front office on Friday, May 17th or at graduation practice on the 20th.
Senior Exams and Exemptions
- 3rd/4th Block exams will be taken on Wednesday, May 15th during those blocks.
- 1st/2nd Block exams will be taken on Thursday, May 16th during those blocks. Seniors are dismissed after 2nd block.
- Seniors do not report on Friday, May 17th.
- Mrs. Thaxton is in charge of exam exemptions.
- Each senior that benchmarked on the WorkKeys Test (scored a 4 or higher on all parts) will be able to exempt one exam.
- You MUST complete the exemption application that Mrs. Thaxton will mail out at a later date.
- Graduation announcements are ordered individually and not through the school.
- Formal invitations can be ordered through Balfour along with other items using the following link: Bob Jones Page
- You can also view a flyer about senior items and class rings by clicking the following links: RING FLYER SENIOR ITEMS
- Picture card announcements, yard signs, etc can be purchased through Greg Machen Photography. Please contact them at 256-461-0827.
Senior Yard Signs
- These are not purchased through school.
- Contact Greg Machen Photography directly with questions about yard signs.
Graduation Dress Code
- No sneakers, boots, jeans, flip flops, or gum.
- Dresses do not have to be longer than your gown.
- Pants - Should be dark if worn
- Shoes - No sneakers - please make sure you can actually walk in the shoes you wear.
- Button up shirt and tie of some sort (regular, bow tie)
- Slacks - no denim please.
- Shoes - No sneakers
- Only cords earned through a BJHS Honor Society will be allowed.
- Students may not wear personalized stoles.
- YOU MAY NOT DECORATE THE TOP OF YOUR CAP