Senior Information 2020 - 2021
Please complete the2021 Required Senior Information Form . This form is used to order cap and gown as well as items for spring senior activities.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any senior activity questions. There are many unknows this year and I will try my very best to answer questions.
All activities listed on this page are subject to date changes or cancellation based on health guidelines from the state. I am including everything with the hope that we will have all activities
- The senior fee for 2020-2021 is $140.
- The fee covers the following items:
- Cap and Gown
- Diploma and Cover
- Senior T-Shirt
- Senior Picnic
- Senior Breakfast
- Please contact me if there are any financial issues. We can always work out something, but I can't help if I don't know.
- Please pay by March 12th
- Partial Payments may be made throughout the year using the online payment system or in person at the fee payment office.
- There are two options for creating a senior add. They are listed below.
- There is limited advertising space and it may sell out before the payment deadlines.
- Please turn in contracts early. link for the senior salute contract.
- Payment can be made on the Jostens website or brought to Bob Jones. Please mark attn: Ginger Ashford
Option 1 - Have the Yearbook staff create the add for you
- Send all of your information and photos to the yearbook staff and have them create it for you — a proof of the ad before publishing.
- This option has a deadline of Monday, November 2, 2020.
- Here is the link for the senior salute contract.
Option 2 - Create and Pay directly through Jostens
- Create and pay for your ad directly through Jostens.
- This option has a deadline of Monday, November 16, 2020
- Here is the link for Jostens, as well as step-by-step instructions to help along the way:
Click the link above.
Scroll down and click Yearbook Recognition Ads
Sign in or make an account.
Type the name of your student.
Then you have the option of picking from our different size ads. Click on the size you want and choose from the templates we have set up.
Then you can upload images, drag the images in the blue boxes and type your message. (in the top right you can adjust the zoom of the page with the “+” and “-“ icons)
Once you have finished designing your ad, click the “Preview and Buy” in the top right corner.
Senior Last Words
- In addition to the traditional senior quote, seniors can instead opt to create a more personalized “last word” by choosing one of our six “sentence stems” to answer.
- You can choose ONE of the yearbook sentence stems to answer OR you can choose a traditional senior quote.
- Please understand that ALL “Last words” must be school appropriate, and if you choose the traditional quote option, you MUST also provide a credible website link so we can verify the quote accuracy and the author.
- Failure to do either one of these things will result in the space under your portrait picture to be blank.
- Here is the link for submitting the “Senior Last Words”-- the deadline is November 2, 2020.
- The Senior Picnic is scheduled for Thursday, April 22nd during 4th Block
- The picnic will be catered by Jimmy John's. Please complete the survey at the top of the page to choose your box lunch.
- Friday, April 23rd during in the BJHS Lunchroom
- The breakfast is catered by Chick Fil-A. Please complete the survey at the top of the page to choose your box lunch.
- The breakfast will be followed by the Senior Slideshow and annoucements in the auditorium.
- Pictures may be submitted to email@example.com
- Please note the following
- No more than 5 pictures
- Pictures should be from elementary to present. No baby pictures please
- Please keep it classy Bob Jones. Anything deemed inappropriate by the administration will not be included.
- Please submit pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, May 13th at 6:00 p.m. in the BJHS Auditorium
- To be recognized, students must complete the 2021 Required Senior Post-Secondary suvery that will be sent out by the College/Career Counselor
- A list will be posted of students being recognized the week before the ceremony. It’s the responsibility of the student to make sure they are on the list.
- Annoucements/Invitations may be ordered from Balfour.
- The school does not order these. You must do this on your own.
- This is not part of the senior fee
869 Tulip Poplar Dr
Birmingham, Al 35244
Graduation Ceremony Information
- Graduation is scheduled for Monday, May 17th @ 2:00 p.m. in the VBC Arena.
- Mandatory practice will be at 8:00 a.m. in the arena
- Students will report back to the East Hall at 12:30 for line-up
- Students will each receive 12 tickets. Distribution date is TBA
Graduation Dress Code
- Girls – Dress or slacks and navy/black shoes. If the dress is longer than the robe, please wear a dark dress. Nude, Black or Dark shoes are acceptable. Wedges with cork are also acceptable. NO WHITE SHOES
- Guys – Dark slacks dark shoes. White shirt with tie.
- No sneakers, boots, jeans, blue shirts, flip flops or gum. YOU MAY NOT DECORATE THE TOP OF YOUR CAP