Senior Information 2022-2023
Senior Activity Form
- Please click HERE to complete the Senior Activity Form. The information on this form is used to plan activities and order a senior's cap and gown.
- The senior fee for 2022 - 2023 is $140.
- The fee covers the following items:
- Cap and Gown
- Diploma and Cover
- Senior T-Shirt
- Senior Day Activities
- Please contact me if there are any financial issues. We can always work out something, but I can't help if I don't know.
- Full payment is due by Friday, April 14th
- Partial Payments can be made throughout the year using the online payment system or in person at the fee payment office.
Cap and Gown
- The school orders cap and gown packages for each student through Balfour. The cost is included in the senior fee.
- Sizing is based on the information completed in the Senior Activity Form posted above.
- If you do not need a full cap and gown package, please email me at email@example.com for pricing options.
- Cap and Gown will be given out on Thursday, April 27th when we return from senior day at Insanity. After that day, cap and gown can be picked up in the front office.
- Date - Monday, May 15thth
- Venue - Von Braun Civic Center
- Time – 2:00 pm
- There will be a mandatory practice that morning at 8:00 am. Please plan to attend and be on time. If you are not at practice, I will assume you are not participating in the ceremony and I will remove your name from the call out list for that night.
- Each student participating in the ceremony will receive 12 tickets. The school does not have nor give out extra. If you need more than 12 tickets, please talk to classmates that might not be using all of their alloted tickets.
Senior Celebration Night
- Date: Thursday, May 11th
- Time: 5:00 pm
- Location: CrossPointe Church - 78 Hughes RD
- Senior Awards Night is for seniors who have accepted an academic or sports scholarship to the college they will be attending in the fall, as well as students who will be enlisting in the military.
- Reception immediately following the program
- To be recognized, students will have to complete the information sent out by Dr. Bostick. This will be sent at a date TBD.
- Date - Thursday, April 27th.
- Activities include:
- Senior Breakfast
- Senior Slideshow
- BJHS Senior Day at Insanity Amusement Complex with lunch provided while there.
- Seniors must ride the buses to and from Insanity
- Permission Slips are Required for every senior attending
- On March 21st, permission forms will be available at the front office, media center, and lunchroom. It may also be downloaded and printed by clicking HERE
- Permission forms must be returned by Friday, April 14th.
Senior Slideshow Submissions
- Students will create their own Google slides with pictures.
- Individual pictures will not be accepted. You must submit them through Google slides.
- Slide Guidelines
- You may submit up to 3 slides.
- Be sure to include your name on all slides .
- Please keep it classy Bob Jones. Anything deemed inappropriate by the administration will not be included.
- You may include as many pictures on the slides as will fit.
- Please share the slides with firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 21st.
- The slideshow will be part of the Senior Day on Thursday, April 27th.
Madison City Seal of Distinction Cords
- To earn the MCS Seal of Distinction, students must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Taken and passed any 3 AP classes
- Taken and passed 2 Foreign Language classes in sequence
- Taken and passed Algebra II with Trig.
- Cords can be purchased from the fee payment office for $5 starting on Friday, April 28th
4.0 White Tassels
- Students graduating with a 4.0 or above GPA will receive a white tassel to wear at graduation.
- These will not be given out until after all senior grades are finalized.
- Students may pick them up from the front office on Friday, May 12th or at graduation practice on the 15th.
Senior Exams and Exemptions
- 3rd/4th Block exams will be taken on Wednesday, May 10th during those blocks.
- 1st/2nd Block exams will be taken on Thursday, May 11th during those blocks. Seniors are dismissed after 2nd block.
- Seniors do not report on Friday, May 12th.
- Mrs. Thaxton is in charge of exam exemptions.
- Each senior that benchmarked on the WorkKeys Test (scored a 4 or higher on all parts) will be able to exempt one exam.
- You MUST complete the exemption application that Mrs. Thaxton will mail out at a later date.
Graduation Dress Code
- Girls – Dress or slacks, preferable with dark shoes.
- Guys – Dark slacks dark shoes. White shirt with tie.
- No sneakers, boots, jeans, blue shirts, flip flops or gum.
- Only cords earned through a BJHS Honor Society will be allowed.
- Students may not wear personalized stoles
- YOU MAY NOT DECORATE THE TOP OF YOUR CAP