Senior Information 2021-2022
Senior Graduation Survey
Please make sure to complete the 2022 Senior Activities Survey. This information is needed to order your cap and gown as well as plan for graduation and other activities.
Click HERE for the 2022 Senior Activities Survey
- The senior fee for 2021-2022 is $140.
- The fee covers the following items:
- Cap and Gown
- Diploma and Cover
- Senior T-Shirt
- Senior Day Activities
- Please contact me if there are any financial issues. We can always work out something, but I can't help if I don't know.
- Please pay by Friday, April 15th
- Partial Payments may be made using the online payment system or in person at the fee payment office.
- Yearbooks may be purchased through the Jostens website by clicking HERE
- Yearbooks are $65 until September 17th. The will then increase to $75 until December
- Senior Salutes/Advertisements are available for sale until December 10th or until space runs out.
- There are a limited number af ads available, so please order early. Last year, the space for ads ran out before the deadline to submit.
- There are two ways to have your ad created:
- Parents may send in photos and messages for their seniors and the yearbook staff will create the ad
- Parents may design their own ad on the Jostens.com website. These must be completed by December 17th.
- You must complete a Senior Salute Contract to order.
- Pricing Information - Payments for Ads may be made through the school or through Jostens.com
- Full Page Up to 15 photos/about 20 lines of text $300
- 1/2 Page Up to 8 photos/about 12 lines of text $175
- 1/4 Page Up to 4 photos/about 6 lines of text $100
- 1/8 Page 1 or 2 photos/about 4 lines of text $60
- *One line of text is about 40 characters.
- Senior Quotes/Senior Last words
- Please click HERE to complete for the Yearbook
- Please contact Ginger Ashford at email@example.com with any questions.
Cap and Gown
- The school orders cap and gown packages for each student through Balfour. The cost is included in the senior fee.
- Sizing is based on the information completed in the senior survey at the top of the page.
- If you do not need a full cap and gown package or if you are not going to participate in the graduation ceremony, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student will create their own google slide with pictures.
- Individual pictures will not be accepted. They must be submitted on a google slide.
- Google Slide Guidelines
- You may submit up to 2 slides
- Be sure to include your name on all slides
- Please keep it classy Bob Jones. Anything deemed inappropriate by the administration will not be included.
- You may include as many pictures on the slides as will fit.
- Please share the slides with email@example.com by Friday, April 8th.
- The slideshow will be part of the Senior Day.
- Date - TBA
- Senior Breakfast
- Senior Slideshow
- BJHS Senior Day at Insanity Amusement Complex
- Lunch provided at Insanity
- Seniors must ride the buses to and from Insanity
- Permission Slips will be required.
Madison City Seal of Academic Distinction Cords and 4.0 Tassels
- Students earn a MCS Academic Distinction cord for passing the following classes:
- Any 3 AP classes
- 2 Foreign Language classes in sequence
- Algebra II with Trig.
- Cords can be purchased from the fee payment office starting on Friday, April 29th
- Please check the dashboard starting on Monday, April 25th to see if you qualified. You may also check with your counselor.
- Students graduating with at 4.0 or above GPA will receive a white tassel to wear at graduation.
- These will not be given out until after all senior grades are finalized.
- Students may pick them up from the front office starting on Friday, May 15th or at graduation practice on the 16th.
- 3rd/4th Block exams will be taken on Wednesday, May 11th during those blocks.
- 1st/2nd Block exams will be taken on Thursday, May 12th during those blocks. Seniors are dismissed after 2nd block.
- Seniors do not report on Friday, May 13th.
- Date: TBA
- Senior Scholarship Night is for seniors who have accepted an academic scholarship to the college/university they will attend in the fall, and students who have enlisted in the military.
Graduation Ceremony Information
- Date - Monday, May 16th
- Venue - Von Braun Civic Center
- Time - TBA
Graduation Dress Code
- Girls – Dress or slacks and navy/black shoes. If the dress is longer than the robe, please wear a dark dress.
- Guys – Dark slacks dark shoes. White shirt with tie.
- No sneakers, boots, jeans, blue shirts, flip flops or gum. YOU MAY NOT DECORATE THE TOP OF YOUR CAP