Degrees and Certifications:
High School Diploma, Madison Academy, Huntsville, AL 1976 Bachelor of Science in Building Science, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 1980 Teaching Certificate, Athens State, Athens, AL 2013 NCCER Certified Core/Carpentry Trainer, card # 10597788 OSHA General Industry Authorized Outreach Trainer, 10 hour and 30 hour, Card # 19-0079530 OSHA Construction Authorized Outreach Trainer, 10 hour and 30 hour, Card # 19- 0105783
Mr. Steven Lanford
+ Arch, Const, & Manufacturing with OSHA Construction 10 Hr
+ NCCER Construction Framing BC1
+ NCCER Site Preparation BC2
+ NCCER Construction Finishes BC3
+ Senior Pathway Project
+ Osha General Industry 10 hr imbed Advanced Manufacturing
* High School Diploma, Madison Academy, Huntsville, AL 1976
* Bachelor of Science in Building Science, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 1980
* Teaching Certificate, Athens State, Athens, AL 2013
* NCCER Certified Core/Carpentry Teacher, Card # 10597788
* OSHA Authorized 10 & 30 Hour General Industry Outreach Trainer, Card # 19-00795530
* OSHA Authorized 10 & 30 Hour Construction Outreach Trainer, Card # 19-0105783
- BS in Building Science from Auburn University August of 1980.
- 34 years in the construction industry covering all facets from estimator, superintendent, salesman, project manager and owner of a construction company.
- Teacher: Taekwondo since 2000. 3rd degree Blackbelt and Certified Instructor, American Taekwondo Foundation
- Construction Educator Sparkman High School 2012 to 2014.
- Construction Educator Marshall Techmical School 2015-2016.
- Construction Educator Bob Jones High School 2016 to present.
I was born and raised in Huntsville during the time of the "space race". I went to Madison Academy from Kindergarten through the 12th grade. My Dad, Frank Lanford Sr., owned Lanford Construction Company. I learned a lot about construction from the time I was five to eighteen, I had the great advantage of having my Dad, his three brothers, and numerous other carpenters teaching me the trade during those years. So much so that I was a pretty good carpenter by the time I headed to Auburn University. While there, I did work several side jobs in construction and one summer, worked for Telfair Peet Theatre in the set design department, doing a set for one half of the quarter and constructing a mini-theatre the other half. I obtained a BS in Building Science. I spent 34 years in the Construction Industry in all facets of construction, estimating, project manager, superintendent, salesman, and Owner of a construction company.
I have been married to my best friend, Pam, for 41 years. We have two beautiful daughters, Amber and Ashley, with six grandchildren, Jaycee, Nicholas, Bryleigh, Eva, Macie, and Kyleigh, who is watching us from Heaven. Amber is also a graduate of Auburn University with a BS in English, a MA from Alabama A&M in Secondary English Language Arts, and a MS from West Alabama in Library Media Specialty and she teaches English at Liberty Middle School . Ashley has a BS in Accounting from Athens State and works in the accounting department at Redstone Federal Credit Union.