Science National Honor Society
Fortunate is one who understands the causes of things.-- Virgil
- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind
- Maintain an overall 4.0 (weighted) & 90+ average in science courses
- Must have completed one advanced science class and be enrolled in at least one advanced science class per year (or equivalent- 2 one year).
- Maintain behavior that is acceptable to the guidelines of Bob Jones High School and the standards, obligations, and ideals of the Science National Honor Society.
- Attend meetings (5 per year)
- Perform 6 service hours per year
- Be approved by BJHS Science Committee