The Discovery Middle School Football Team is a highly competitive team made up of 7th and 8th grade students.Participation Requirements:
In order to participate, students must turn in a current Physical Form, Concussion Form, Release Form, Insurance Form, NFHS Sportsmanship Certificate and a copy of the student’s Birth Certificate.
- Players are expected to attend all scheduled practices.
- If a player needs to be absent from a practice or a game, the player must go to the Head Coach to discuss the situation. Only the Head Coach can excuse a player.
- Players are to practice and play with maximum effort.
Player Integrity and Conduct:
Team members are expected to always do their best and have a great attitude both on and off the field.
- Students are to have a Team First attitude and always display a spirit of Sportsmanship.
- Players are representatives of the DMS Football Program at all times and are expected to conduct themselves accordingly at school and in the community. They are to be respectful to themselves and to others.
- Players are expected to abide by all school rules.
- Players are expected to abide by all Zoning Regulations.
- Should a player warrant being dismissed from the team, dismissal will come from the Head Coach.
All athletic forms must be turned in prior to tryouts:
- AHSAA physical form
- Insurance form
- Student release form
- Concussion form
- NFHS sportsmanship certificate
Required athletic forms are located on the DMS Athletics home page.