Thank you for your interest in the 2020-2021 Discovery Middle School Dance Team. Dance team is a full year commitment. The season begins in July and does not end until February. The Discovery Middle School Dance Team performs at home football games, home basketball games, and regional dance competition.
There will be a parent information meeting held on March 10, 2020 from 5:30-6:30pm in the Discovery Middle School Cafeteria.
Tryout dates: March 24-26th
Time: 3:30pm- 5:00pm
Location: Discovery Middle School gym
Daily attire: Black Leggings or black shorts, black t-shirt, white t-shirt, or grey t-shirt, jazz shoes or sneakers. Hair must be off the face and no jewelry.
Required dance skills:
- Toe Touch
- Grand Jeté Leap (split leap)
- High Kicks
- Single Pirouette
- Double Pirouette
The following items must be returned to Mrs. Bentley at Discovery Middle School (Room 403) no later than Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Two Teacher Recommendations (must be from current school year teachers)
- Copy of most recent report card or progress report
- Physical Form (Athletic form found on the DMS Athletics webpage)
- ASHSAA Consent Form (Athletic form found on the DMS Athletics webpage)
- ASHSAA Concussion Form (Athletic form found on the DMS Athletics webpage)
- Insurance Form (Athletic form found on the DMS Athletics webpage)
Please email Coach Bentley with questions regarding the DMS Dance Team.