What is Girls Who Code?
GWC Clubs serve as a place (virtual included!) for students to spend time together while learning about computer science and building their confidence. Clubs provide participants with a sisterhood of supportive peers and role models, and an opportunity to use their skills to positively impact their community.
What will club members learn?
Throughout the Club, all members will:
- Learn to see themselves as computer scientists.
- Gain exposure to project management and problem solving techniques.
- Build sisterhood in a safe and supportive environment of peers and role models.
- Learn about other women professionals in tech around the world.
- Learn the foundational computer science concepts that form the basis for all programming languages.
How long is the club?
We will meet every Wednesday beginning October 11th. Meetings will run until the end of March.
Club ValuesBRAVERYWe believe being brave is about being resilient, persistent, and ambitious.SISTERHOODWe believe that diverse ability, culture, identity, and opinion makes our organization stronger.ACTIVISMWe’re not just preparing our girls to enter the workforce - we’re preparing them to lead it, to improve it, to completely and totally transform it.