Media Center Vision
The West Madison Media Center is not only an extension of the classroom, but it is also the "hub" of the school. The goal of the media specialist is to instill a love for reading, as well as teach students skills that will prepare them for success in the 21st century. The media center is a valuable resource for teachers and students. A wide variety of print, audio-visual, and technology resources are available. Teachers and students are encouraged to make full use of the media center.
Media Center Mission
Alabama’s School Library Media Plan for the 21st Century Learner expresses the mission of Alabama’s library media programs as supporting the school’s instructional program to improve student learning and student achievement. Our mission is to enhance the curriculum through collaborative learning in order to prepare our future leaders for success.
- Open access, flexible schedule
- Hours: 7:45 AM - 2:30 PM daily
- Over 20,000 items in the collection (picture books, fiction, non-fiction, reference, professional resources, audio books, DVDs, etc.)
- 10 student computer workstations
- Special programs include Birthday Book Club, Lunch Bunch, book fairs, and guest readers