Degrees and Certifications:
M.Ed in Speech Language Pathology Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology
Mrs. Alyssa Thornton
- Bachelors in Communication Sciences and Disorders from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA
- Masters in Speech Language Pathology from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA
- Dymond Speech and Rehab Clinic in Sanford, NC (6 years)
- NC Veteran’s Home (1 year)
- Emporia, KS Special Education Coop (3 years)
- Madison City Schools (since January 2018)
I grew up in Virginia, but my husband and I moved to Madison, AL in January 2018 with our two beautiful children. We love everything about living here! I have been a Speech Pathologist for 12 years and have worked with both children and adults (and love working with both!).
I love being a part of the amazing family here at Mill Creek and am so thankful to have my sweet little daughter here with me as well!
Some of my favorite things are hanging out with my husband and babies, visiting family, exploring new places, shopping, watching UVA sports (Go Hoos!!), watching UVA win the 2019 National Championship in basketball! watching the Broncos, ice cream, socializing, being outside, and all holidays!
Green House rocks!!
“They succeed, because they think they can”