Degrees and Certifications:
Dr. Demetria Freeman
Welcome to Horizon Elementary! I am excited and honored to serve as the Principal of such a warm, welcoming, and dedicated faculty & staff. This is my 21st year in education. Prior to joining the Horizon family, I served as a Special Education Teacher, Reading Coach, School Counselor, and Assistant Principal. I absolutely love teaching and learning! I love pouring into others and sharing my knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor's - Speech-Language Pathology- Alabama A&M University
- Master's- Special Education K-6- Alabama A&M University
- Master's -School Counseling P-12- University of West Alabama
- Ed.S.- Administration & Supervision- Middle Tennessee State University
- Certification-Instructional Leadership- Jacksonville State University
- Ed.D. - Instructional Leadership - Nova Southeastern University
I am married with twin 8-year-old boys that keep me busy! I am looking forward to another school year filled with building new relationships and leaving a legacy that inspires others.