The Transportation Department often receives phone calls about items that students may have left on a bus. Our staff makes every effort to return found items to their owners. When calling to report a lost item, please provide us with the following information:
- The date the item was lost;
- The bus number, school, student name and phone number; and
- A description of the item.
Items that are found on buses are handled as follows:
- Clothing, Lunchboxes, Backpacks, and miscellaneous items: The Bus Driver or Transportation Staff will return the item to the appropriate school administrator.
- Electronics, Jewelry, Keys, Wallets, Money, or other items with identification: The bus driver will return these items to the Transportation Department office upon completion of the driver's route. The items will be available for pickup between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on school days at our office at 217 Westchester Drive in Madison. Before coming to the Transportation Department, please contact us at 256-774-4613 to make certain that the item is available for pickup. If preferred, parents can request that such items be returned to students by the bus driver on the next scheduled route.
Madison City Schools
217 Westchester Drive
Madison, Alabama 35758
Phone: (256) 774-4613