(Learning Management System)
Schoology is the new learning management system (LMS) at Madison City Schools this 2020-21 school year. It is used to post classroom information, resources, plans, and assignments. Your child will need to check it daily.
Parent Account in Schoology
As a parent, you can create a Schoology account and link to your child's account using a Parent Access Code provided by your child's teachers. Here are the steps:
- Go to www.schoology.com.
- Click Sign Up at the top of the page and choose Parent.
- Enter your Parent Access Code. This is a 12-digit code in xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format that you receive from one of your child's instructors.
- Fill out the form with your information.
- Click Register to complete.
If you already have a parent account in Schoology for one child, you can add additional children to your account:
- Log in to your Schoology account using your username or email address and password.
- Click the arrow next to your name in the top-right corner.
- Click the Add Child button.
- Enter the Child Code for the child you're adding. This is the same as your Parent Access Code, the 12-digit code in xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format that you receive from one of your child's instructors.
- If your code does not look like this code, contact your child's instructor or school.
- Click the Use Code button to complete.
How does your child log into Schoology?
- Students can access MCS Schoology by going to this link and logging in with their MCS Google account.
- Students can also access MCS Schoology by going to the District Home page and choosing the Schoology icon.
Student Guide to using Schoology features is found here:
NOTE About Grades: Although you may see some of your child's grades in Schoology, the official and complete gradebook is iNow for the 2020-21 school year.
We encourage you to log into iNow and view their progress weekly.