ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL EXPECTATIONS and PROCEDURES
Rainbow Elementary is very concerned about the safety of our children, especially in regard to morning arrival and afternoon dismissal. Students should arrive on campus no earlier than 7:10 a.m. and no later than 7:35 a.m. Children who arrive on campus after 7:40 are considered tardy. Once on campus, students will report to the following areas: pre-k students go to room 148; kindergarten students go to the library; first through sixth grade students go to the gymnasium. Any student who wishes to eat breakfast may report to the cafeteria. Students are dismissed to classrooms beginning at 7:30 a.m. The success of the plan depends upon full compliance.
Arrival on Campus – 7:10 a.m. until 7:35 a.m.
Bus Riders: Transportation by school bus to and from school is available to all students. Students are expected to observe all bus safety rules. Failure to follow these rules may result in the loss of transportation privileges. Any student riding a different bus must have a note from the parent or guardian.
1. Buses will unload along the front of the school in the main drive (bus lane.)
2. Students will walk and enter through the main front entrance and go to assigned areas.
1. Vans will unload students in lane near mailbox.
2. An administrator or designated staff member will monitor students crossing walk and entering through the main front entrance and going to assigned areas.
Car Riders: (car line closes at 7:35 a.m.)
1. All car riders unload at the back of the school.
2. Please pull all the way to the end of the awning before stopping to unload.
3. All cars stopping along the sidewalk must unload from the passenger side.
4. Students enter through the rear of the building and go to assigned areas.
5. Parents intending to escort students inside must do so from a parked car in the front parking lot. No parking is permitted in a car lane or bus lane. *Due to student safety, parents are not allowed to drop off students from an idling car in the bus lane or front parking lot.
6. Two, fifteen-minute parking areas are provided. Parents should not park in the back parking lot to escort students into building.
Walkers and Bike Riders:
1. Walkers enter through the front, main entrance or the rear entrance.
2. Walkers should always stay on the sidewalks and never go into the parking lots.
3. Bike riders should park bikes on the rack behind the playground and walk on the sidewalk to the rear entrance of the building.
Dismissal from campus begins at 2:40 p.m.
Students are dismissed by grade level to report to designated locations for a safe and orderly dismissal. Parents should notify the teacher of procedures your child is to use in getting home in the afternoon. Please send a note with your child when there is a change in the family afternoon transportation pick-up procedures. If an emergency arises and you must change your child’s transportation plans, please call the office before 1:00 p.m.It is always best to keep the mode of transportation home consistent. It is very difficult for children when it changes every other day. Children who are checked out prior to 2:40 (2:10 for Pre-K) must be signed out through the office and are considered tardy, early check-out.
Walkers are escorted from the gym through the recess playground area to the edge of campus.
Car Riders load at the rear of the building. Pre-K carline will begin forming at 2:00 for a dismissal time of 2:10. Parents of elementary students who are car riders should not arrive in carline until all pre-k students have been picked up (approximately 2:25.) Students wait in the gymnasium and are called out to the cars in order of cars. Your child’s teacher will provide a card marked with your child’s designated car line number. Every child is assigned a car line number, whether they plan to use the car line or not. We use these numbers daily during dismissal to expedite the car line. Please use a rubber band to attach your card to your car’s visor. When you flip down the visor, your child’s number will be easily visible. If at anytime during the school year you need an additional or replacement car line number card, you may request one from the office. If a child is not picked up in carline by 3:00, please sign them out in the office. If you are not able to pick up your child by 3:00, you will need to enroll them in our Extended Day program, as teachers are no longer on car duty at that time.
Bus Riders load at the front of the school. Any student riding a different bus must have a note from the parent or guardian.
Van Riders load at the front of the school once all buses have left campus.