Interested in becoming an ACCESS Virtual Learning teacher?
In order to be an ACCESS teacher, you must:
- be certified to teach (grades 7 - 12) in the state of Alabama
- complete the ACCESS Teacher Application and submit to your regional Support Center
- be invited to and complete ACCESS Teacher Training
The timeline for receiving and processing applications is approximated below:
- Submitting Applications - applications can be submitted at any time
- Reviewing Applications - applications are reviewed during the spring semester
- Invitations to Training - invitations are awarded after the review cycle and based on anticipated need
- Training - ACCESS New Teacher training occurs during the summer
Completion of ACCESS Teacher Training does not guarantee employment. ACCESS teachers are required to attend online faculty meetings and participate in ongoing ACCESS professional development.