Friday, August 18th
Thank you for continuing to participate in our Color Weeks daily colors! We are enjoying learning about colors. We have had fun learning about colors this week.
Remember you can order your child a class shirt at this link: Class Shirt Orders. You will want to be sure to order a shirt for your child because we will wear them often throughout the school year. Please reach out to me if purchasing this shirt is a hardship for your family. Thank you!
Please remember to send a snack and a refillable water bottle every day with your child. Also, for safety reasons, please do not send glass water bottles or containers to school. I also ask that you empty your child’s blue Daily Folder every day and look over the papers that are in the folder. It helps you to see what your child is learning at school, as well as see important papers that I send home providing information that you need.
Mrs. Bolden sent an email earlier this week with the procedures for submitting an absence excuse. The following are additional notes about this process from Dana Herwig:
* Please do NOT submit check in or check out excuses through your portal. This new system is ONLY for all day absences. Once you have checked your student in or out using the iPad in the front office, that is all that is needed.
* Please be patient as we work with this new system. You may receive automated emails, voicemails, or texts saying your student has an unexcused absence. If you know that you have submitted a daily excuse via your parent portal or signed your student in/out at the front office using the iPad, please know that we are working to update attendance records. Updating may take up to 72 hours.
* If you do not have a parent portal or if you need your password reset, please email: email@example.com
A glance at next week:
Reading - identifying beginning sounds, Letter Experts for L, M, N, O and P. We are continuing to learn about rhyming words.
Math - comparing groups of objects as equal, greater than, or less than, comparing groups of objects to five, and comparing numerals 0-5
Helpful weekend to do list:
1. Cozy up and enjoy reading your child’s poetry notebook.
2. Wash your child’s rest mat.
3. Have your child practice rolling up and securing their rest mat until they can do it independently 3 times in a row.
4. Please have your child practice their lunch number on the paper I sent home at Open House.