Madison City Schools Illness Guidelines
I have received a few questions regarding the recent emails sent out about the Madison City Schools illness guidelines and would like to address them with you.
- The north Alabama area has seen an increase in the number of cases of flu, covid, strep, bronchitis, RSV, along with just a regular viral respiratory illness. We are seeing similar patterns in our school.
- I understand that some families are having difficulty getting an appointment with their pediatrician or family doctor. Fortunately, our area is blessed to have a wide variety of urgent care centers that are able to test and treat illness. I have compiled a list of Local Urgent Care Clinics for information.
- Luckily, most of the illnesses listed above have treatment options available to ease symptoms and promote a quick recovery. Tamiflu and Xofluza are proven to help with the flu if taken soon after symptoms begin.
- Remember, if absences are to be excused without the use of parent excuses,
- For COVID: send in a copy of the positive home test or the results from a healthcare provider.
- Because there are no home tests available for other illness they can only be definitively diagnosed by a provider. A note will be needed from a healthcare provider to excuse the absences.