- Mill Creek Elementary School
Very Important Information
It is about that time. Time for school to start. Yes, the beginning of school looks a lot different this year. However, we have all been working extremely hard to get ready for back to school. Below is information that you have all been waiting for. I apologize that this is so long, but we wanted to get all information in one message.
Class Assignments/Virtual Open House
Our Virtual Open House/Class Announcement will be between 2:00 P.M. and 3:00 P.M. on August 10th. Sometime during that time period you will receive an email from your child’s new teacher. In that email will be a welcome back introduction, back to school information, and information about the online learning platform.
The email that we will use is the email address that you used to enroll your child in Power Schools. If you do not receive an email during this time, please check your spam folder. If your registration in Power Schools is not complete and verified, you will not receive a homeroom assignment nor an email with a class assignment until this is complete. If you have completed everything, checked your spam folder and did not receive an email on August 10th, please complete this form and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Need Homeroom Information Please do not call the school office. We will start checking on these first thing on August 11th and will contact parents in the order that we received inquiries.
Maverick Mile Drive By to “See Your Teacher”
We are super excited to offer a drive by parade so that your child can visually see his/her new teacher. On August 11th, we are having a “Maverick Mile” Drive By Parade on our campus. We would love for you to participate. If you can, we are asking for your child/children to decorate a sign with their name and his/her teacher’s name on the sign to hold up as you drive through. This will be a way that we can put faces with names on class lists prior to the first day of school. The parade times will be:
11:00-12:00-PreK, Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades
PreK and Kindergarten-Cars will enter through the main entrance. Travel in front of the building to the PreK side/Bus Drop off/Mose Chapel side (west side) of the campus. Teachers will be under the awning to wave to their new students. You will exit through the back gate onto Mose Chapel.
1st and 2nd grade- Cars will enter through the main gate entrance. Cars will travel through our K-5 carline on the creek side of the campus (east side) and teachers will be socially distanced under the awning by our cafeteria to wave to their new students. You will exit through the main entrance.
12:30-1:30-3rd, 4th, and 5th grades
3rd Grade-Cars will enter through the main entrance. Travel in front of the building to the PreK side/Bus Drop off/Mose Chapel side (west side) of the campus. Teachers will be under the awning to wave to their new students. You will exit through the back gate onto Mose Chapel.
4th and 5th Grade-Cars will enter through the main gate entrance. Cars will travel through our K-5 carline on the creek side of the campus (east side) and teachers will be socially distanced under the awning by our cafeteria to wave to their new students. You will exit through the main
Teachers will only be outside during their assigned grade level times. Please do not park and get out of your cars. This is only a drive by event. Thank you for your understanding. Our teachers are looking forward to seeing you and our students.
Item Pick Up (School Kits, Yearbooks, Spring Pictures, and Belongings)
From our PTA:
If you ordered a School Supplies Kit last Spring, they will be ready for pick up on Friday, August 7th. You may also pick up leftover items from classrooms, pre-ordered class photos and yearbooks at this time.
Our plan for pick up will be very similar to that of the student belongings/year book pick up process earlier this summer. We plan to make this as contactless as we possibly can for everyone’s safety.
To expedite this process, we need to stagger the times of pick-up alphabetically by last name. These are the timeframes:
- August 7th, you can pick up your Kit between 4p-5p on Sunday, August 9th.
When arriving during your designated time frame on August 7th, please follow these steps:
- Please make an 8.5”x11” sign for EACH child and place on your right side windshield. Please include the following on each sign (as sample sign is attached to this email):
- Student First and Last Name
- List of items being picked up. Please choose from the following list: School Kit, Yearbook, Belongings
- We ask that parents arrive by car, with doors remaining closed throughout this pick up process (unless needed to open the trunk).
- This will run similar to our normal car line.
- We will pull up to 10 cars at a time. Please wait to be signaled to pull up to receive student belongings (as our normal car line works.)
A few things to keep in mind:
- As much as we would love to catch up with everyone, we have to maintain social distancing and keep this process running as quickly as we can. We have a lot of kits to get to a lot of people. We are a large school.
- If, upon returning home, you find an error in your order, please let us know and we will work with you to correct the problem.
- If you are unable to pick up your kit/belongings on August 7th, you can pick up your Kit between 4p-5p on Sunday, August 9th.
Thank you for your patience as we plan for opening school in a way that we never have before.
Carmen Taylor Buchanan
Mill Creek Elementary