Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. B. Dwayne Craft
Advanced Drama, Advanced Production, Advanced Technical Theater, Intermediate Technical Theater, Technical Theater
- I graduated from Athens State University with a B.S. Ed. Secondary Education/Language Arts.
- My graduate degrees were earned at Florida State University - School of Theatre (M.S. Theatre) and The University of Alabama at Birmingham (M.A. School Leadership and Administration).
- I have extensive training in acting, technical design and theatrical production.
- I began teaching at Bob Jones High School in 1993
- I have taught a wide variety of subjects during my tenure at Bob Jones High School ranging from English 9,10, and 12 to Speech and Drama
- I currently serve as the Fine Arts Department Chair and teach Advanced Drama, Advanced Production Drama, Technical Theatre and Advanced Technical Theatre
- I have published eight plays that have been produced across the US and written numerous others that have seen successful productions
- I have won the William E. Wilson Scholarship (SETC) and the Dorothy Schwartz Outstanding Theatre Educator Award (ACT)
- I am also an Adjunct Professor of Theatre at Calhoun Community College
- I was born into a military family in EL Paso, Texas, but have lived most of my life in or around Huntsville/Madison, Alabama.
- I attend Summit Crossing Community Church.
- I am Married to Katelyn Craft, who is also actively involved with the Arts Community in our area.
- My daughter, Kennedy Elise Craft, was born Oct. 22, 2010 and my son Barrett Daniel Craft (pictured with me) was born July 30th, 2014
- I love my job teaching theatre. The magic of seeing students create a memorable show, make a professional quality set, or learn to communicate effectively I feel like a success. They really are a blessing everyday!