All Madison City Elementary students receive guidance and counseling from a certified guidance counselor.
- Promote positive attitudes among students torward self, family, peers and community.
- Assist students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
- Develop and deliver classroom gudance lessons that teach skills such as decision making, resolving conflict, and respecting others.
- Work with students, parents, and school staff to identify learning needs and to design interventions to enhance student success.
- Help students recognize and make the best of their abilities.
- Provide support during a personal crisis.
- Work with students on attendance issues.
- Develop student career awareness.
- Help create a safe and positive learning experience for all students.