Please read the CDC's informational document, The Flu: A Guide for Parents.
MADISON CITY SCHOOLS FLU CLINICS
Madison City Schools will be offering the Flu Vaccine to our students again this year. The flu vaccine (shot) is provided by and administered by a local company, Vaccinating Alabama Kids in Schools (VAKS). The forms will be sent home with your child the week of September 20. If you are interested in having your child receive the flu vaccine, please complete the form and send it to the nurse at your child's school no later than Friday, September 24.
You may also you download the form from the link below, print it, complete it entirely, and send it with your child to give to his/her teacher.
Please remember the following information:
- Flu vaccines are completely optional, and NO child will receive one without a completed and signed consent form.
- IF you do NOT want your child(ren) to receive the flu shot at school, DO NOT SEND A FORM.
- There are no out-of-pocket costs associated with the vaccine, but your insurance will be billed.
- The insurance information must be complete for your child to receive the flu vaccine.
- If your child does not have insurance, you may indicate this on the consent form and he/she will be eligible to receive the vaccine free of charge.
- Only flu SHOTs will be given. Please make sure that your child understands that it is a "SHOT" and prepare them for this; NO SURPRISES!
Fall 2021 School Flu Vaccine Clinics Dates:
Monday, September 27: Columbia, LMS
Tuesday, September 28: BJHS, DMS
Wednesday, September 29: JCHS, Heritage
Thursday, September 30: Pre-K Center at RES (cafeteria); RES, MTES
Friday, October 1: Madison, Mill Creek, Horizon