Please read the CDC's informational document, The Flu: A Guide for Parents.
MADISON CITY SCHOOLS FLU CLINICS
Madison City Schools will be offering the Flu Vaccine to our students again this year. The flu vaccine (shot) is provided by and administered by a local company, Vaccinating Alabama Kids in Schools (VAKS) Because of COVID-19 and our staggered start this year, the dates of the flu vaccine (shot) clinics are staggered as well. We will send the consent forms for your child to receive the vaccine (shot) out via email to you from each school approximately a week before the scheduled date for the school. Please look for this email. If you are interested in having your child receive the flu vaccine, you will download the form from the email, print it, complete it entirely, and send it with your child to give to his/her teacher. The form will also be available to download from the Madison City Schools Website under Health Services along with a master schedule of all the flu clinics for the schools.
Please remember the following information:
- Flu vaccines are completely optional, and NO child will receive one without a completed and signed consent form.
- IF you do NOT want your child(ren) to receive the flu shot at school, DO NOT SEND A FORM.
- There are no out-of-pocket costs associated with the vaccine, but your insurance will be billed.
- The insurance information must be complete for your child to receive the flu vaccine.
- If your child does not have insurance, you may indicate this on the consent form and he/she will be eligible to receive the vaccine free of charge.
- Only flu SHOTs will be given. Please make sure that your child understands that it is a "SHOT" and prepare them for this; NO SURPRISES!
Fall 2020 SCHEDULE:
September 23: Mill Creek Elem, Heritage Elem
September 24: Madison Elem
September 25: Pre- K Center at Rainbow, Rainbow Elem, Columbia
September 30: Horizon
October 1: Liberty Middle, West Madison
October 20: Bob Jones Face to Face Students; BJHS Virtual Students: 12:45-1:50 pm BJHS Auditorium Lobby
October 20 Horizon Virtual Students 12:45-1:50 pm BJHS Auditorium Lobby
October 22: James Clemens Face to Face Students; JCHS and LMS Virtual Students: 12:30- 1:50 JCHS Gym Lobby
October 28: DMS Face to Face Students; DMS Virtual Students 10:00- 11:00 am DMS Gym Lobby
October 28: Horizon Face to Face Students (make-up day)