Welcome to Speech-Language Therapy with Mrs. Dykes!
Are you new to speech? New to Columbia Elementary? Here are a few quick tips to getting started in speech:
- Join my Facebook page! I post hints, helpful tips, and homework alerts on my page. Find me as SLP Kim Dykes.
- Here’s the skinny on homework: I give homework from time-to-time, usually about 2-3 times monthly. These should be quick drills to do at home and should not take longer than 20 minutes to complete. They can be returned any time for bonus speech stamps. Just make sure you sign it!
- Look for progress notes with report cards. These are due every nine weeks. However, I may also write additional notes on homework, or send home a therapy note when something interesting happened. I try to keep you as informed as possible. Keep in mind that writing a note for each session not possible for each student, each session. If you would like to know something specific, just send me an email!
- Speaking of email, that is the easiest way to contact me. I don’t typically answer my phone during sessions. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- We incorporate a variety of themes, holidays, and celebrations in our sessions. These activities may involve crafts or small “treats” from time to time. If there are any holidays or items that your child is NOT allowed, please let me know.