Registration Requirements

Madison City Schools
211 Celtic Drive
Madison, AL 35758

Map to Teacher Resource Center


State law requires that students be 5 on or before September 1st to enroll in kindergarten 

All documents MUST be provided at the time of registration; NO EXCEPTIONS


Information needed for registration:

  • Parent/Guardian state-issued photo ID

  • Alabama Immunization Form (OR) a Certificate of Exemption issued by the Limestone County Health Department, 20371 Clyde Mabry Drive, Athens, AL, telephone 256-232-3200 and local physicians or military clinics.
    ***We cannot accept anything other than the Alabama Immunization Card

  • Requesting a copy of the student’s Birth Certificate

  • Requesting a copy of the student’s Social Security Card;
    ***Disclosure of Social Security numbers (SSN) is voluntary only. SSN’s are used by the district for the limited purpose of properly identifying students for record-keeping and transcripts and are kept confidential. The lack of or refusal to provide a SSN will have no impact on the district’s enrollment decision. Students who enroll without a social security number will be assigned an alternate identification number.

  • Elementary - last report card / Middle & High School - unofficial transcript (for verification of credits earned) 

  • Custody papers (divorce OR if you are not the parent listed on the birth certificate)

Please note: Other custody issues or questions regarding registration, please call or email LaTwan Lynch,Registration Manager, for clarification "prior" to enrollment.

  • Proof of Residency (in parent/guardian’s name) may include but not limited to one of the following:
    • Own
      Property Tax Receipt  in your name for the residence in use; AND current copy of utility bill (gas, water, or electric; NO cable bills).
      • Samples, only if a Property Tax Receipt is not available, due to a new purchase. 
      • Utility bill MUST be current OR current receipt from a new connection or transfer of services.
      • Contract - Those who have a contract or builder’s contract (with an estimated closing date) on a home are REQUIRED to complete the Assignment or Transfer Request form.  Email completed form and contract for approval to the district registrar. 
    • Rent
      Signed lease (MUST be signed by landlord and tenant for the residence in use AND current utility bill (gas, water, or electric; NO cable bills).
      • Utility bill MUST be current OR current receipt from a new connection or transfer of services.


Online Registration:


For questions or concerns, please contact:

LaTwan Lynch, Registration Manager

256-464-8370, ext. 10366

The Madison City Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or age in its programs and activities, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person(s) have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Coordinator of Personnel; 211 Celtic Drive, Madison, AL. 35758. 256-464-8370 Ext. 10231. Links outside of our server: The Board of Education for Madison City Schools in no way endorses or supports any web site link provided here. Content of the sites is not guaranteed by the School System, and users select and view these links at their own risk.